Monday, May 31, 2010

Infertility~Timed Intercourse

We have recently found out that my husband and I both have infertility issues. Mine of course is more drastic but we will need a miracle to conceive without an assistance. This past month I took 100 mg of Clomid days 3-7 and went through hot flashes from Hell! I then proceeded to use Clear Blue and Easy Ovulation Predictor sticks and on cycle day 14 had a LH Surge. I drove to San Ramon (becuase the San Jose Reproductive Science Center is closed on weekends) and the doctor found 3 follicles. 2 follies on the right (one 13 mm and one 14mm) and 1 23mm follie on the left. In order for an egg to be present in the follie they have to be 15mm but of course because I have PCOS my follies can be the right size but no egg may in there. I realized that one of my tubes were considered possibly blocked but I could not remember which. So the Dr. checked my records and of course it is my left tube which had the monster 23mm follie! The docs had a conference and decided to go ahead and give me the HCG trigger shot. It was actually painless and went by really fast. They informed me to have fun but not too much and report in 2 weeks for a blood test (pregnancy test). So right now is the waiting period. I go on Friday June 4 to find out if I have a little miracle inside me. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment