Tuesday, January 19, 2010
3Dayforthecure.org
The Susan G. Komen Foundation has this walk they put on every year. I'm still ironing out the details but it looks as though walkers do 15-22 miles per day for 3 days for a total of 60 miles. You sleep in camps in two-person tents. The 3day event is in San Francisco Oct. 1-3, 2010. I don't think there is a team here in Seaside/Monterey so I am going to form my own team. They have a get started meeting being held in San Jose in February that I plan on attending. I have asked 2 ladies from Facebook if they would like to join my team. One said yes and I'm waiting on the other girl to respond. Each walker has to raise $2,300 and pay a $90 participant fee. So I have about 8 months to raise the money. My husband thinks that it is too much money. If I am the team captain it is my responsibility to make sure we do fundraising activities. I haven't done anything such as this so it will be a challenge and I am ready for it. I am really excited about this event. It's an even better way to ensure I work out lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment